Disclaimer: Some of them actually have no answer to it.
A few months ago, I did a post about Fan Theories and I called it “Fan Theories Pt. 1” (link is below)
This is part 2.
In the movie: Wesley had told Dread Pirate Roberts about Buttercup and was kept alive for that. Dread Pirate Roberts made Wesley the Dread Pirate Roberts (which is a code name)
This one is probably well known, but I brought it up on Reddit (Link in the subtitle). The premise of this idea is that The Dread Pirate Roberts heard the story of Buttercup and was touched, but still kills Wesley. He immediately regrets it and then looks for Buttercup in a way to repay Wesley, but never tells Buttercup (for obivous reasons).
“The Polar Express”
You meet a character on the roof on the train. He is a hobo, who is voiced by Tom Hanks. Along with the main boy, his dad, Santa and the Conductor.
I can’t find any reason for the hobo, but I have started thinking about who the Hobo could be:
- An alternate version of either Billy or the hero boy if they never went on the train, they become bitter to life and became homeless and figures out time travel and makes sure his younger self gets on the train and disappears forever after. Counter-argument: Paradox! PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT TIMES SHOULD NEVER TOUCH!
- The ghost of the original conductor who makes sure nobody ever falls off the train, because he’s a nice dude
Additional Theories I have no idea about:
- When the Hobo disappears, why is the last thing remaining his hand?
This one is a silly, yet disturbing one. They’re all patients in an insane asylum in the ’50s. I refuse to type about, but it’s mind-blowing. Link is below
- From series 5, there is a huge alliance made of aliens who hate The Doctor. Prisoner Zero was the first to mention it. When the alliance comes, he is imprisoned, but Prisoner Zero was not there when the alliance imprisons The Doctor. Also, the Silence was part of it… everyone just forgot.
- Midnight’s monster… who is it? I actually don’t know and neither does anyone else! Please help all of us!
Wizard of Oz
- Oz is a parallel universe and the Wizard is Wonka after realizing he’s a failure… maybe?
- Glinda is evil and was using Dorothy to get rid of her competition (like Grace Cahill may have in The 39 Clues)
- One that overly bothers me: the poem “Do Not Go Gently Into That Good Night” is mentioned multiple times.
- Another one that bothers a Reddit user: After being on the planet for 23 years, Cooper and Brand’s colleague was fine. He doesn’t go insane. HOW! HE WAS ALONE FOR 23 YEARS
Falling Into Place
I have two theories about this novel, but this spoils this novel heavily.
- It’s all based on the last five chapters. Liz died and the end is what her imaginary friend wanted to happen and she’s fading into the ether forever and she trying to teach us all a lesson.
- The other is that Liz is letting go of the imaginary friend and she is fading and she is teaching us all a lesson.
Edge of Tomorrow
- That ending. That’s all I have to say. HOW DID HE RESTART TIME?! HE LOST IT!!!!!!
Sharkboy and Lavaboy
I have one theory, but it’s likely wrong… Max is a mutant and his power is he can create new worlds and people in that world.
- In episode one, the cab driver was immune to the poisonous pill (like “The Princess Bride” in the battle of the wits) and Sherlock would have died (for real)
- In the end of Season 3, Mycroft says “You remember what happened to the other one?” who is this other person? The death of Moriaty? Irene Adler escaping? A third sibling?
- Various discussions of Sherlock not dying and Moriaty not dying or actually dying.
Legend of Zelda
- The timeline (Which in fact has been explained. Click here)
- The game breaks the fourth wall and Link explains what’s going on to us. Click here
There’s one on Reddit and I really liked it, but it is somewhat disturbing BEWARE FELLOW HUMANS. Bowser is Peach’s dad and the king of the Mushroom Kingdom (Click here).
_________ is the true hero of ________. Or ____________ (perceived hero’s name) is the villain of _________
Always a fun theory to come across if you are familiar of said story. Honestly, just type into the Fan Theories subreddit search bar “is the true hero of”
- Samwise is the true hero of Lord of the Rings (films)
This exists. I don’t know where. This is my personal favorite theory, because in a way, Frodo addresses that theory when Sam tells Frodo how famous he will become.
and various others
This is maybe the only fan theory I made myself before I read it. Calhoun shot her husband as he got eaten by a Cyborg, which is incredibly sad.
Kari playing Mozart causes Jack-Jack to get his powers. Click Here
The Ones I don’t have an answer and I need help for that
- “The Polar Express” hobo’s hand
- The monster from Doctor Who’s “Midnight”
- The poem from “Interstellar”
- Ending of “Edge of Tomorrow”
- The other one from “Sherlock”
Feel free to break all my theories, or other people’s theories